On return from military service after WW1 Charles Butt acquired his first commercial vehicle. Utilising this vehicle for his own use and as a Market Garden trader. He soon found other work transporting other growers produce around the local markets.
The need for transport services steadily grew and in 1926, William Butt joined Charles Butt and C.&W.H. BUTT was officially formed.
The business went from strength to strength and soon became one of Northampton’s and the Midlands largest transport and warehousing service providers.
The business grew steadily, by 1946 C.&W.H. Butt Ltd operated 22 vehicles across multiple customers.
The Spencer Bridge road site was purchased and C Butt Ltd is established.
C Butt Ltd flourished, moving into heavy machinery moving, tipper work and leather supply to the Northampton shoe market.
C Butt Ltd 50th anniversary with all invited
Motor Transport 'Haulier of the Year' award.
Motor Transport 'Safety in Operations' award.
Head Quarters at Lodge Farm Ind Est, Northampton opened.
Opening of the 200,000sqft NDC at Magna Park, Lutterworth to service KWDL.
Opening of the Shared User Distribution Centre in Brackmills, Northampton.
Robert & Jonathan Butt take over as Joint Managing Directors, reflecting the family culture that started with William and Charles Butt way back in 1926.