We Offer Challenging and Rewarding Career Opportunities
C BUTT LTD offers challenging and rewarding opportunities in operational, strategic and administrative based roles.
We understand that people are our most important asset so we continually provide the support our teams need to develop.
As such they are able to fulfil their potential, progress their careers and continually expand their capabilities.
WAREHOUSE AM SHIFT OPERATIVE
As part of C Butt’s continuous improvement strategy to provide great service and customer commitment, we are seeking a permanent ‘Warehouse AM Shift Operative’ to be based at our Brackmills Industrial Estate site, Northampton.
Hours of work are 6.00am to 2.30pm Monday to Friday.
The position includes use of MHE to include forklift trucks and PPT’s.
Accurate order assembly is part of the role along with safety and hygiene.
- Must hold MHE licences including forklift truck
- Must have enthusiasm for the role
It is essential that applicants have an excellent record of attendance and have no outstanding disciplinary actions in the previous 12 months.
Applicants are expected to have shown good communication skills at all levels of the business, have an understanding of customer expectations and have a ‘hands on approach’ to the role.
Salary will be discussed at the interview stage.
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE***
£Competitive full-time salary and benefits packageApply Now
Operations Manager (Warehouse)
We have an excellent opportunity for a highly self-motivated Operations Manager at our existing depot in Lutterworth.
As the Warehouse Operations Manager, you will take control of a prestigious 220,000 sq. ft. distribution centre and its stock integrity. You will answer directly to the General Manager and be tasked with developing and managing operational plans to ensure optimal service levels are achieved within budget.
The role is responsible for all aspects of the warehouse operation and managing a team of 35+ with a significant increase of agency labour during peak.
- Management of operational planning to achieve throughput forecast, KPI performance and budgeted costs
- Develop operational plans to support key trading periods including equipment, manpower and Third Party Services
- Manage compliance & audit processes delivering stock accuracy and reporting
- Relationship management with internal business colleagues, transport providers, Third Party Service providers and any other contractors
- You must be able to execute the warehouse plan efficiently over a split shift pattern, safely through direct leadership of your team
- Promote continuous improvement initiatives by coordinating and enforcing optimal operational procedures
- Constantly review operational practices and implement changes to improve productivity and cost efficiencies
- Manage third party service providers to ensure required service levels are being provided within agreed costs
- Promote a safe working environment, monitoring Health and Safety risk assessments and take appropriate action
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual looking for his or her next challenge.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Previous experience in a high level supervisory or managerial role is highly advantageous
- Administration and customer service skills are essential
- Appraisals, discipline, coaching, and performance management
- Experienced within a large scale distribution environment
- Be a pro-active hands on manager that can lead from the front
- Up-skill and promote the warehouse team
- Provide solutions to operational issues
- Good IT skills
- Self-Driven with ability to manage own workload
- Proven track record in delivering continuous improvement within a warehouse operation
- Assertive, calm, logical, self-motivated, a team player with a drive to succeed. You will also have excellent negotiation skills, the ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- Form strong and effective relationships with customers and colleagues by demonstrating a high level of integrity and professionalism to ensure that you get the best out of your team
- A confident communicator at all levels with a proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment, taking ownership for any issues and seeing them through to a conclusion
- Due to the nature of the business you will need to thrive on change & flexibility and commit the time required to get the job done
- Experience of Warehouse Management systems is desired, SAP EWM is preferred
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software applications is essential
- Salary and package will reflect the successful candidate’s skills & experience
- Life assurance at 1 x basic annual salary subject to qualifying conditions
- Pension scheme
- 22 days annual leave + bank holidays
General ManagerApply Now
HGV Class 1, C+E
- General haulage
- Day & Night work available
- Based out of Brackmills
- Family Business
- Professional Operation
- Full induction & support for new starters
Competitive rate of £30k plus shift allowances for weekend work. All the benefits you would associate with a professional, family business.
Current Shifts available are Mon-Fri (days), or Tues-Sat (days). Some options for nights out only where the driver is open to it. Vast majority of our work has you back the same day.Apply Now